Barcelona travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Barcelona, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports policy
- How much medical coverage you have – no-one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- Always check the latest travel advice for Barcelona from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Barcelona?
As standard, our policies cover over 50 amazing activities sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Barcelona.
|Official language(s)||Spanish, Catalan|
|Plug type||Plug type C & F|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Barcelona?
No, you do not need a visa to travel to Barcelona if you are a British Citizen with a valid passport.
Healthcare in Barcelona
British citizens should travel with a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Barcelona. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover.
Find more information about healthcare in Barcelona here.
If you have pre-existing medical conditions you must declare these before you buy your policy to ensure you’re fully covered.
Can I get assistance if I fall ill or injure myself while in Barcelona?
Yes – In the unfortunate event of needing emergency medical treatment while abroad, our 24-hour assistance team are always on hand to help you.
All our travel insurance policyholders can contact our specialised team.