We no longer offer pet insurance

As of August 2020, InsureandGo have stopped selling new pet insurance policies.

If your cat, dog or rabbit already has a policy with us, don’t worry – nothing will change. Your existing policy with us is provided and administered by our partner NCI Pet Insurance. This policy will remain in force on the current terms, and when it is due for renewal you will be contacted by NCI directly.

For other queries, including how to make a claim, please read the frequently asked questions below:


I need to make a claim. How do I go about this?

To make a claim, simply download a claim form, fill it in and send it to us. If you’d rather we sent you a copy of the claim form through the post, please call us on 01423 535 057.

How much do I have to pay if I need to claim?

The excess is the amount you will need to pay if you need to make a claim. This varies depending on which policy you choose. When you’re choosing a policy, the excess amounts will be shown so you can pick the policy that’s right for you (and your pet, of course!).

Please note that if your pet is over 10 years old (seven years for select breeds), you will have to pay a percentage of the veterinary fees yourself (this is called co-insurance) in addition to the fixed excess.

Would I ever have to pay more than my excess?

If your vet has claimed for something we don’t cover, such as prescription diets, or if your claim exceeds the insured amount, then you will have to pay any additional costs.

If I take my pet abroad with me on holiday, is he covered for vet treatment?

If you have one of our Maximum Benefit or Lifetime policies, your pet is covered for treatment for up to 45 days abroad per each policy year.

Do you cover dental care? If so, does this include cleaning and polishing?

We will look to cover dental treatment for both illnesses and/or injuries (dependant on the cover level selected), providing the pet has had an annual dental check up by the vet and followed any dental advice that you have been given. We do not cover cosmetic dentistry such as scaling and polishing.

Do you pay claims directly to my vet?

We are happy to pay claims directly to your vet. This is providing they are happy to accept payments from us, as some will not. It is a good idea to check with the veterinary practice you use.

What is a complementary treatment?

Complementary treatments include acupuncture, homeopathy, chiropractic manipulation, hydrotherapy and osteopathy.

Are there any animals that can’t be insured?

We can insure dogs, cats and rabbits, but we can’t provide insurance for:

  • Any dog that’s registered under the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 and the Dangerous Dogs (Northern Ireland) order 1991 or Dangerous Dogs (amendment) Act 1997 or any subsequent amendments, or a dog crossed with any of these. In addition, any dog that is an American pit bull terrier, perro de presa Canario, wolf or wolf hybrid, or a dog crossed with any of these
  • Any pets which have aggressive tendencies or have been trained to attack or begin to have these tendencies during the policy period of insurance
  • Any pets used for any business, trade or profession or any form of racing or hunting

Are there any other exclusions I should be aware of?

Yes, we cannot provide cover for:

  • Any incident that occurs outside the United Kingdom, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man, the Channel Islands, or the member countries of the PETS Travel Scheme (non-EU listed countries as defined by DEFRA are excluded). Please note that this exclusion only applies to the Accident Only policy
  • Intentional slaughter by order from any government, local authority or any person having jurisdiction in the matter, except in the case of humane destruction to alleviate incurable and inhumane suffering
  • Malicious or wilful injury or gross negligence to your pet caused by you, your agents, employees or members of your family
  • Medication that hasn’t been recommended by a vet
  • Post mortem examinations
  • Any pre-existing illness or injury. Please note that this does not apply to renewed policies
  • Any illnesses that occur within the first 14 days or injuries that occur within the first 24 hours of the policy start date
  • Infringement of Britain’s animal health and importation legislation
Share This