Financial collapse of the Malvern Group, which includes LateRooms and Super Break
Whether you’re due to travel soon or you’re abroad already, here’s how your travel insurance can help:
- If you’re in the UK, your trip was booked before 2nd August 2019, your policy was purchased before 2nd August 2019 and you haven’t travelled yet, or if you are abroad right now, we’ll pay for irrecoverable unused pre-paid expenses if you can’t get a refund elsewhere (for example, from your credit card provider, ABTA, PayPal or ATOL).
This cover only applies to any of the following services associated with your trip which were booked independently by you and that have not been supplied as part of a tour operator’s package.
Short let holiday accommodation providers (including hotels), Car hire operators. Ferry operators. Coach operators or Train operators
We call this cover ‘Supplier Insolvency’ in our policy wording.
Bear in mind
- You’ll need to check your policy terms and conditions to see exactly what cover your policy provides and how much you can claim for, as different policies vary.
- The cover above only applies if your policy includes Supplier insolvency cover.
- We can only cover you for the scenarios above if you bought your policy before the travel service provider went into administration – 2nd August 2019. If you bought your policy afterwards, we won’t be able to cover you.
- The following link contains some further information and guidance on the situation, please click: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-49200999
What to do
- If you’re still in the UK and you haven’t travelled yet, the following rules apply:
- If you used your credit card to purchase the services, you should try to get a full refund from your credit card provider. We’ll only consider non-refundable expenses on your travel insurance policy.
- If you want to rearrange your trip dates, and provided you’re not making a claim, we can transfer your policy to cover the new trip as long as it’s within three months of your original departure date, is for the same or no longer duration, and is to the same geographical area.
If you need to make a claim, you can do so by logging into your policy or by calling us on +44 (0)207 748 0061.