Cheap travel insurance
We know cheap travel insurance isn’t the most exciting thing about your holiday, but post-Brexit, travel insurance is as important as ever. That’s why we want to make buying it as simple and cheap as we possibly can.
Our Budget holiday insurance policies include:
- No upper age limit
- Holiday cancellation cover
- Medical and hospital expenses
- Lost or delayed baggage
- Cover for over 50 sports and activities
- And lot’s more!
This is all included as standard, so you can get up to more on your holiday.
Does your travel insurance cover Coronavirus?
If you’re looking for Coronavirus travel insurance, we’ve got you covered:
If you buy an InsureandGo policy today, and the FCDO DOES NOT advise against all or all non-essential travel to your destination, you will be covered for:
- Medical expenses if you need treatment for Coronavirus while abroad, including up to £2,000 to cover additional accommodation costs if this treatment means you need to extend your trip.
- Cancelling or cutting short your trip if you, a member of your family or travelling party, are medically diagnosed with Coronavirus or personally instructed to isolate by an NHS service or medical professional.
There is no cover for any other Coronavirus-related claims, including lockdowns, quarantines or other government restrictions. All other terms and conditions of the policy apply.
If you buy an InsureandGo policy today and, because of Coronavirus, the FCDO advises against all or all non-essential travel to your destination, you will be covered for:
- Any non-Coronavirus-related claims, including emergency medical costs, baggage, passports, money and personal accident claims, subject to the usual policy terms and conditions.
There will be no emergency medical cover for Coronavirus and no cover for any Coronavirus-related claims, including choosing not to travel because of the FCDO advice.
Please see our Coronavirus FAQ page for more details. Note that if the FCDO advise against all or all but essential travel to your destination for any reason other than Coronavirus, there would be no cover under any of our policies if you travelled abroad for a holiday.
Why choose InsureandGo?
If you already know you need cheap travel insurance you’re probably wondering what makes us so special. Well, let’s see if we can convince you:
- We’ve been around since 2000 – So when it comes to travel insurance, we know our stuff
- We’re rated 5-star – Not only do our Gold and Black travel insurance policies have a 5 Star Rating by Defaqto, we’re also rated 5-star by over 16,500 customers on Trustpilot
- Travel insurance is our only thing – We don’t have other products, so can focus on travel insurance full-time. You can rest assured that we do our best to make sure we do it right
- No upper age limit and all medical conditions considered – We believe holiday insurance should be available to everyone, so we always try to provide as much cover as we can – to everybody
- Over 27 million travellers insured – If you insure with us, you can be one of the 27 million people who have trusted us to look after them on their travels since 2000.
- Make your claim online – The days of calling a number are behind us. If something goes wrong, you can make your claim in just a few simple steps
So what’s the difference between our Budget and other policies?
At InsureandGo, we pride ourselves on offering comprehensive holiday insurance that doesn’t cost too much – in fact, when you buy our cheap travel insurance policy (Budget cover), you can rest assured knowing you’re covered for a wide variety of activities on your holiday, as well as cancellation and medical expenses.
If you’d like to add on winter sports insurance, travel disruption cover, additional valuables insurance or cover for adventure sports not covered by our Budget travel insurance policy, there are a range of upgrades you can buy.
These are the main benefits you’ll find in our Budget and standard policies:
|Benefits||Budget policy||Standard policy*|
|Medical & hospital expenses||Yes||Yes|
|Personal accident cover||Yes||Yes|
|Pre-existing medical cover||No||Yes|
|Belongings & baggage cover||Yes||Yes|
|Personal money cover||Yes||Yes|
|Passport & travel documents cover||Yes||Yes|
|Delayed departure cover||Yes||Yes|
|Missed departure cover||No||Yes|
|Business cover||No||Optional upgrade|
|Golf cover||No||Optional upgrade|
|Winter sports cover||Optional upgrade||Optional upgrade|
|Hazardous activities||Optional upgrade||Optional upgrade|
*Based on our Silver, Gold and Black policies
Cheap travel insurance with pre-existing medical conditions
At InsureandGo, we’ll consider all pre-existing medical conditions and try to tailor a policy that best suits your requirements. For more information, visit our page on travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions or contact us.
Please note that pre-existing medical conditions are not covered on our Budget policy.
Top tips for cheap travel insurance
What are you taking?
The best thing to do before looking at holiday insurance options is to think about what you’ll need cover for. If you’re planning on taking your MacBook or tablet abroad, then going for the cheapest cover from a comparison website might be less than useless if you realise it’s only covered your valuables up to £50.
- Make a list of important items that you’ll be taking with you
- How much do you need these items covered for in total and individually
- Lastly, check your contents insurance as they may be covered away from your home already
Sometimes cheap travel insurance just doesn’t cover what it should. Which? suggest your travel policy should include at least £2 million emergency medical cover in Europe, and £5 million for worldwide cover. We cover medical expenses up to £5 million as standard, with higher levels available too.
How many times are you going abroad?
Getting cheaper travel insurance for multiple holidays can often be a better option than getting last minute cover for each holiday individually. If you’re planning on travelling several times throughout the year, you can save even more money by taking out an annual multi-trip policy, instead of getting single trip insurance each time you travel. Our Budget annual policy covers you for multiple trips of up to 31 days at a time, Silver and Gold policies cover you for up to 45 days, and Black policies cover unlimited holidays of up to 55 days each.
Where are you going?
Be sure to check which countries are included in our destination groups. For example, we include Egypt and Morocco in our European cover so you can get cheaper travel insurance and avoid paying out for worldwide cover.
We know holidays can be expensive, which is why we’re doing everything we can to make sure your travel insurance is as budget-friendly as possible. Get a quote online today or read our policy documents for more information.