Malaysia travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Malaysia, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our adventure and extreme sports policy
- How much medical coverage you have – no one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- Always check the latest travel advice for Malaysia from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What is covered with travel insurance to Malaysia?
As standard, all of our policies cover over 50 sports and activities and if you’re up to anything particularly adventurous, we have extreme sports cover as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Malaysia.
|Official language(s)||Malay, Malaysian|
|Plug type||Plug type G|
|Driving side||Left-hand side|
|Climate||Southwest monsoon – May to September |
Northeast monsoon – November to March
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Malaysia?
If you’re travelling to Malaysia as a tourist or for business, then you won’t need to apply for a visa. You can stay in Malaysia for up to three months; if you overstay your visa, or violate the terms of entry, you could be fined, detained and deported.
If you’re planning on travelling to Malaysia for longer than three months, or for reasons other than business or travel, then you’ll need to apply for a visa from the nearest Malaysian diplomatic mission before travel.
You can find more information about visas and entry requirements for Malaysia here.
Healthcare in Malaysia
Malaysia has an efficient and widespread offering of healthcare. This does mean that healthcare can be quite expensive, so it’s important to make sure that you have adequate travel insurance in place to cover any potential costs.
We would also recommend that you visit your GP at least four to six weeks prior to travel, to check whether there are any vaccinations or other preventatives needed. You can find more information about healthcare in Malaysia here.
If you have pre-existing medical conditions you must declare these before you buy your policy to ensure you’re fully covered.
Can you help if I need medical treatment while in Malaysia?
Yes – all our policies come with access to our 24-hour emergency assistance team, so there will always be someone here to help you if you become ill or are injured while abroad.
If you need emergency medical assistance just give our team a call any time, day or night.