Vietnam travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Vietnam, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports policy
- How much medical coverage you have – no-one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- Always check the latest travel advice for Vietnam from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Vietnam?
As standard, our policies cover over 50 activities sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Vietnam.
|Plug type||Plug type A, B & C|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Vietnam?
If you’re a British citizen with a valid passport, then you’ll need a visa or a visa waiver.
You can find more information about visas and entry requirements for Vietnam here.
Healthcare in Vietnam
The healthcare services in Vietnam vary depending on where you travel to. The best hospitals and clinics can be found in the capital, Hanoi, and in Ho Chi Minh City. However, more extreme injuries or illnesses may require evacuation to another country, as they’re not all equipped for major treatments. It’s important to make sure you have adequate medical travel insurance in place, including repatriation, so that you’re covered in case anything happens.
It’s also important to speak to your GP at least four to six weeks prior to travel, to check whether there are any vaccinations or other preventatives needed.
Find more information about healthcare in Vietnam here.
Medical & Emergency Assistance in Vietnam
If something happens while you’re in Vietnam and you need emergency treatment for an illness or injury, we’re here to help. All travel insurance policyholders have access to our 24-hour medical assistance team.