Tenerife travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Tenerife, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports policy
- How much medical coverage you have – no-one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- Always check the latest travel advice for Tenerife from the FCDO
If you’re up to anything particularly adventurous such as scuba diving or kite surfing, we have extreme sports cover as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Tenerife?
As standard, our policies cover over 50 amazing activities sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Tenerife.
|Santa Cruz de Tenerife
|Plug type C & F
|Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Local laws and customs
Do I need a visa for Tenerife?
If you’re a British citizen travelling to Tenerife with a valid passport, then you won’t need to apply for a visa to Tenerife.
Do you cover the other Canary Islands?
We do! If you’re looking for travel insurance for Lanzarote, Gran Canaria, or any of the other islands, then read our page about Canary Islands travel insurance.
Healthcare in Tenerife
British citizens should travel with a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Tenerife. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover. Find more information about healthcare in Tenerife here.
If you have pre-existing medical conditions you must declare these before you buy your policy to ensure you’re fully covered.
What if I need emergency assistance in Tenerife?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing medical treatment or assistance while in Tenerife, you or someone on your behalf can contact our 24-hour medical assistance team.