Finland travel insurance
Thinking of a holiday to Finland? Or maybe you’re already booked up and ready to go! Either way, InsureandGo offer a great range of travel insurance policies, no matter where you’re going or what you’ll be getting up to.
All of our policies cover over 50 activities as standard! And if you’re up to anything particularly adventurous, we have extreme sports cover available as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Finland, there are a few things to think about:
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – whether you’ll need additional cover with our adventure and extreme sports cover such as ski insurance or snowboarding cover
- How much medical coverage you’ll need and whether you’ll need repatriation
- The total cost of your trip – If you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- Always check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for any issues that may have occurred that might prevent you travelling or any vaccinations you might need.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Finland?
As standard, cover to Finland will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Finland.
|Official language(s)||Finnish and Swedish|
|Plug type||Plug type C and F|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
|Climate||Spring – March to May|
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Finland?
No. If you’re a British citizen with a valid passport, you don’t need a visa to travel to Finland. However, if you’re planning on staying for more than three months, then you’ll need to contact the Finnish immigration service.
Healthcare in Finland
British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Finland. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover.
Find more information about healthcare in Finland here.
For information about Lapland travel insurance click the image below:
Or check out our policy documents if you still can’t find what you’re looking for.
Medical & Emergency Assistance in Finland
If something happens while you’re in Finland and you need emergency treatment for an illness or injury, we’re here to help. All travel insurance policyholders have access to our 24-hour medical assistance team.