Gibraltar travel insurance
- The cost of your trip – No one wants to cancel their holiday, but if you have no choice you need a policy with enough cover that you’ll get your money back.
- The activities you’ll be doing – If you’re planning anything dangerous or unusual we can offer you extreme sports cover.
- The cost of your luggage, especially if you find it hard to travel light!
- Don’t forget to check the latest travel advice for Gibraltar from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What is covered with travel insurance to Gibraltar?
As standard, our Gibraltar travel insurance includes cover for over 50 sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
Our Silver, Gold and Black policies also allow you to declare any pre-existing medical conditions.
For more information about what’s covered with travel insurance for Germany, have a read of our policy documents here.
We’ve put together some important information that you might want to know before your trip to Gibraltar, so you have the best possible experience.
|Currency||Gibraltar pound (or GBP)|
|Plug type||Plug types C & G|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
|Seasons||Spring – March to May|
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Gibraltar?
No, if you’re a UK citizen travelling to Gibraltar you don’t need to apply for a visa. You will need a passport though.
How much is travel insurance to Gibraltar?
Holiday insurance for Gibraltar doesn’t have to be expensive. We can offer you a policy for a one-off trip to Gibraltar or, if you prefer, travel insurance Gibraltar is covered under our European annual multi-trip policies.
Healthcare in Gibraltar
If you’re a British citizen then emergency medical care is free in Gibraltar. It’s still worth taking out travel insurance for Gibraltar, to cover other hospital-related costs and possible repatriation. You should also carry your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) as patients in Gibraltar may occasionally need to be transferred into Spain for treatment.
What if I need emergency assistance in Gibraltar?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing medical treatment or assistance while in Gibraltar, you or someone on your behalf can contact our 24-hour medical assistance team.