Lake Como Travel Insurance
Lake Como is one of Italy’s biggest tourist attractions, drawing in over a million tourists every year. The lake offers stunning views and plenty of water sports in the Lombardy region of northern Italy.
Lake Como also has a micro-climate, which offers moderate temperatures year round, and is famous for its luxurious spas.
InsureandGo offers a range of travel insurance policies perfect for a visit to Lake Como, no matter what you’ll be doing.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
Before you buy travel insurance for Lake Como, there are a few things to think about:
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – For example, do you need water sports travel insurance?
- How much medical coverage you’ll need, and whether you might need repatriation
- The total cost of your trip – If you have to cancel, it’s essential to know that you can get your money back.
- Always check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for any issues that may have occurred that might prevent you from travelling or any vaccinations you might need
Our policies cover over 100 sports and activities, and if you’re up to anything particularly adventurous, we have extreme sports cover as an add-on. We also have travel insurance for medical conditions and a range of seniors travel insurance, so get in touch today or get a quote online.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What does travel insurance to Lake Como cover?
As standard, our cover will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
Do I need a visa for Lake Como?
No, you don’t need a visa to travel to Lake Como, or anywhere else in Italy. British passport holders can travel freely in the Schengen zone for up to 90 days.
Healthcare in Lake Como
British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used throughout Italy, including at Lake Como. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have Italy travel insurance to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover or repatriation costs.
Find more information about healthcare in Italy here.
How do I get assistance if I am injured or become ill at Lake Como?
In the unfortunate event of needing emergency medical treatment abroad, our 24-hour assistance team is always on hand to help you.
All our travel insurance policyholders can get access to our medical assistance team.