Madrid travel insurance
Madrid travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Madrid, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports policy
- How much medical coverage you have – no-one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- Always check the latest travel advice for Madrid from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Madrid?
As standard, our policies cover over 50 amazing activities sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Madrid.
|Plug type||Plug type C & F|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Madrid?
No, you do not need a visa to travel to Madrid if you are a British Citizen with a valid passport.
What travel insurance do I need for Madrid?
Healthcare in Madrid
British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Madrid. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. Find more information about healthcare in Madrid here.
However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment your EHIC or GHIC might not cover, including repatriation costs. If you have pre-existing medical conditions you must declare these before you buy your policy to ensure you’re fully covered.
What if I need emergency assistance in Madrid?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing medical treatment or assistance while in Madrid, you or someone on your behalf can contact our 24-hour medical assistance team.