Switzerland travel insurance
Switzerland travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Switzerland, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports policy
- How much medical coverage you have – no one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- And don’t forget to check the latest travel advice for Switzerland from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What is covered with travel insurance to Switzerland?
As standard, all of our travel insurance policies cover over 50 sports and activities and if you’re up to anything particularly adventurous, we have extreme sports cover as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Switzerland.
|Official language(s)||German, Romansh, French, italian|
|Plug type||Plug types C & J|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Switzerland?
If you’re a British citizen with a valid passport then you won’t need a visa to travel to Switzerland.
Healthcare in Switzerland
Post-Brexit, neither the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) nor the Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC) will work in Switzerland. This means that it’s as important as ever to have travel insurance in place to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment or repatriation to the UK. You can find more information about healthcare in Switzerland here.
If you have pre-existing medical conditions you must declare these before you buy your policy to ensure you’re fully covered.
Can you help if I need medical treatment while in Switzerland?
Yes – all our policies come with access to our 24-hour emergency assistance team, so there will always be someone here to help you if you become ill or are injured while abroad.
If you need emergency medical assistance just give our team a call any time, day or night.