Travel insurance for South America
Backpacking through South America or visiting one of the beautiful places below? Either way, InsureandGo offer a great range of travel insurance no matter where you’re going or what you’ll be getting up to. Wherever you’re going in South America, or even if you’ll be visiting multiple countries during your trip, all of our policies cover over 100 sports and activities. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What is covered with our travel insurance to South America?
As standard, cover to South America will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
For more detail, find your destination below or check out our policy documents.
What if you’re travelling to more than one country in South America?
We should be able to cover you from the date that you leave your home country until the date that you return. This means we can cover travelling to multiple destinations as part of your holiday.
To make sure you’re covered, check:
- That the policy you’ve chosen covers you for all the regions that you plan to visit
- None of the places you’re visiting are against the advice of the FCDO (unless that advice is purely due to Coronavirus – see our Coronavirus travel insurance page for more details)
- That the duration of your holiday is covered – different policies have different maximum trip lengths
- You’ve got all the visa requirements needed for each country you’ll be visiting
What if I need emergency assistance in South America?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing medical treatment or assistance while in South America, you or someone on your behalf can contact our 24-hour medical assistance team.