New York travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to New York, there are a few things to think about:
- Firstly, no matter where you’re travelling to – don’t forget to check the latest travel advice from the FCDO just in case there are any vaccinations you need or potential issues with your destination that you should be aware of.
- The cost of your trip – If you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back.
- How much medical coverage you have and whether you’ll need repatriation included (being flown back to the UK for treatment).
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports policy
InsureandGo offer a great range of travel insurance no matter where you’re going, or what you’ll be getting up to. All of our policies cover a wide range of amazing activities as standard! We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What is covered with travel insurance to New York?
As standard, our policies, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
• Cover for over 50 sports and activities
• Medical expenses and hospital benefit
• Personal accident and liability
• Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
• Abandoning your trip
• Delayed departure
• Accommodation cover
• Personal belongings and baggage
• Personal money, passport and travel documents
• Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some fun facts and other important information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to New York.
|Currency||US Dollar $|
|Population||Approx. 8.5 Million|
|Plug type||Plug Type – A & B|
|Driving Side||right-hand side|
|Seasons||Spring – March to May|
Summer – June to August
Autumn “Fall” – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||FCDO local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for New York?
As a UK citizen you won’t need a visa for entry into the USA, instead you’ll need an ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorisation) which will cover you in the US for up to 90 days. You can apply for an ESTA via the Visa Waiver Program (VWP) on the official ESTA website. Approval should be relatively quick and easy, but if you have a criminal record or have recently travelled to a ‘flagged’ country; you may have some difficulty getting approved. You can find out more on the US Customs and Border Protection Agency website.
Healthcare in New York
Healthcare in USA is of a comparable standard to the UK, so repatriation shouldn’t be a huge concern – unless you are unable to continue your trip. The most important thing to be aware of is the extremely high cost of healthcare in the States, and to ensure you have adequate travel insurance to cover any potential medical bills.
If you have a medical emergency whilst in New York, dial 911 and ask for an ambulance. Be sure to contact your insurance provider as soon as possible, by calling our medical emergency number. Some US hospitals may ask non-US citizens to pay a deposit upon admittance, so make sure you have available funds in case you need to pay out-of-pocket initially.
You can see which diseases or viruses to be aware of, or get vaccinations for here.
Medical & Emergency Assistance in New York
If something happens while you’re in New York and you need emergency treatment for an illness or injury, we’re here to help.
All travel insurance policyholders have access to our 24-hour medical assistance team.