On 27th January 2023, the airline Flybe ceased trading after going into administration. The collapse has affected the travel plans of thousands of British travellers and has left some stranded abroad. Flybe previously went into administration in March 2020.

If you have booked tickets with Flybe, the information below will help you understand your travel options.

Can I get a refund for my trip after the collapse of Flybe?

If you got your tickets via a travel agent or other third party, please contact them immediately. 

There are schemes in place, such as ATOL (Air Travel Organisers’ Licensing), designed to protect package deals purchased through travel operators from the UK. Ticket agents may also include airline failure insurance.

Can I claim under my InsureandGo travel insurance policy?

Supplier insolvency, such as the collapse of Flybe, is not covered under InsureandGo travel insurance policies, so please contact your tour operator or travel agent and seek alternative arrangements or try to get a full refund. 

Can I claim my money back from my card provider if I paid via debit or credit card?

If you booked directly with Flybe and paid by credit card, you may be protected under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. You should contact your bank or card issuer for further information.  

You should also contact your card issuer if you paid with a debit card. Under chargeback rules, you may be able to claim. 

Some card providers will ask for a negative response letter confirming your position due to Flybe’s collapse. You can find the letter on the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) website.

I’m an InsureandGo policyholder, and I’m already abroad. What should I do?

Please get in touch with your tour operator or agent to find out any alternative arrangements.