Austria travel insurance
Looking for travel insurance to Austria? Maybe you’re already booked your holiday and are ready to go! If so, InsureandGo offer a range of travel insurance policies for Austria no matter where in the country you’re going, or what you’ll be getting up to.
Before you buy holiday insurance to Austria, there are a few things to think about:
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re going skiing you’ll need our winter sports insurance, and for more hazardous activities we have adventure and extreme sports cover.
- How much emergency medical cover you’ll need and whether there’s a chance you’ll need repatriation.
- The total cost of your trip – think about the money you’ve spent on flights and hotels, as well as the cost of your baggage. You need to know you can get your money back if something happens.
- Always check the latest travel advice from the FCDO.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Austria?
As standard, Austria travel insurance will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
We hope you have a great time away, so here are some things about Austria that you might need to know:
|Plug type C & F
|Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Local laws and customs
Do I need a visa for Austria?
Not just for a holiday. As a British Citizen you can stay in Austria, and the rest of the Schengen area, for up to 90 days in any 180 day period without needing a visa. Entry requirements can change though, so you should keep up to date with the FCDO advice.
How much is travel insurance to Austria?
Austria travel insurance doesn’t have to be expensive. The exact price you pay will depend on things like how long you’re staying, whether you have any medical conditions, and which cover level you choose. Travel insurance for Austria is included in our European annual multi-trip policies or, if you’re only going away once this year, we have single trip travel insurance to Austria.
Is travel insurance to Vienna included?
Yes, our travel insurance to Austria covers the whole country, including the capital, Vienna.
Healthcare in Austria
When travelling you should carry your free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Austria. This will cover emergency medical treatments you might need at public healthcare centres or hospitals. However, it’s important to still have travel insurance to Austria to cover the costs of any unexpected hospital bills the EHIC/GHIC might not cover, or repatriation costs.
Find more information about healthcare in Austria here.
Can I get assistance if I fall ill or injure myself while in Austria?
Yes – In the unfortunate event of needing emergency medical treatment while abroad, our 24-hour assistance team are always on hand to help you.
All our Austria travel insurance includes access to our medical assistance team.