Paris travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance to Paris, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports travel insurance
- How much medical coverage you have – no-one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- Always check the latest travel advice for Paris from the FCDO.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Paris?
Paris travel insurance covers over 100 amazing activities sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Paris.
|Plug type||Plug type C & E|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
|Climate||Spring – March to May|
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Paris?
If you’re a British citizen with a valid passport, then you won’t need to apply for a visa to Paris or the rest of France.
Healthcare in Paris
British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Paris. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover, including repatriation costs.
Find more information about healthcare in Paris here.
Travelling to Disneyland Paris?
Disneyland Paris is a great place to take your kids, but are you fully prepared for any potential mishaps? Visiting large amusement parks like Disneyland Paris means there could be an increased chance of losing items such as your phone or camera either through rides or pickpockets. Having France travel insurance that will cover your lost items means you don’t have to worry what’ll happen if something goes wrong.
Can I get assistance if I fall ill or injure myself while in Paris?
Yes – In the unfortunate event of needing emergency medical treatment while abroad, our 24-hour assistance team are always on hand to help you.
All our travel insurance policyholders can get access to our specialised team.