Mykonos travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Mykonos, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – If you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – If you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer extra cover with our adventure and extreme sports policy
- How much medical coverage you have – No one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- And don’t forget to check the latest travel advice for Mykonos from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Mykonos?
All of our policies cover over 50 activities as standard and if you’re up to anything particularly adventurous, we have extreme sports cover as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
As standard, cover to Mykonos will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Mykonos.
|Plug type||Plug type C, & F|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
|Climate||Spring – March to May|
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Mykonos?
No – if you’re a British citizen travelling to Mykonos with a valid passport, then you won’t need to apply for a visa.
Healthcare in Mykonos
British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Mykonos and the rest of Greece. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment or repatriation that the EHIC or GHIC might not cover.
If you have pre-existing medical conditions you must declare these before you buy your policy to ensure you’re fully covered.
Find more information about healthcare in Mykonos here.
Can you help if I need medical treatment while in Mykonos?
Yes – all our policies come with access to our 24-hour emergency assistance team, so there will always be someone here to help you if you become ill or are injured while abroad.
If you need emergency medical assistance just give our team a call any time, day or night.