Amsterdam travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Amsterdam, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports cover
- How much medical coverage you have – no-one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- Always check the latest travel advice for Amsterdam from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Amsterdam?
As standard, our policies cover over 50 activities sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Amsterdam.
|Plug type C & F
|Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Local laws and customs
Do I need a visa for Amsterdam?
If you’re a British citizen travelling to Amsterdam with a valid passport, then you won’t need to apply for a visa.
Do I need travel insurance for Amsterdam?
It’s important to have travel insurance wherever you’re travelling. In Amsterdam, your GHIC card may cover some emergency medical expenses. But travel insurance for Amsterdam will cover much more, including repatriation and cover for delays or cancellations.
How much is travel insurance to Amsterdam?
Our European travel insurance covers Amsterdam. The exact price will depend on the details of your trip and the cover level you choose. Think about how much your holiday cost and what you’ll be taking with you. Make sure you choose a policy that fully covers you.
Can you help if I need medical treatment while in Amsterdam?
Yes – all our policies come with access to our 24-hour emergency assistance team, so there will always be someone here to help you if you become ill or are injured while abroad.
If you need emergency medical assistance just give our team a call anytime, day or night.
Healthcare in Amsterdam
British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Amsterdam. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover, including repatriation costs.
Find more information about healthcare in Amsterdam here.