Romania travel insurance
If you’re trying to choose travel insurance to Romania, here are a few things to think about:
- How much your trip cost – if you unexpectedly have to cancel, will your policy cover the cost of your flight and hotel?
- What activities you’ll be doing – if you’re doing something unusual or a little bit dangerous, make sure you have adventure and extreme sports cover
- How much medical cover you want – accidents and illnesses can happen to anyone, and you don’t want to be left with a hefty hospital bill.
- And don’t forget to check the latest travel advice for Romania from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What’s covered with travel insurance to Romania?
We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday, here’s some useful information that you might want to know before your trip to Romania.
|Plug type||Plug types C & F|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Romania?
As a British citizen you don’t need a visa to enter Romania and you can stay for up to 90 days in any 180 day period. You might need to apply for a visa if you want to stay longer than this. You should check the latest advice from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office.
What travel insurance do I need for Romania?
You can choose between single trip travel insurance to Romania or annual multi-trip cover. Our European annual multi-trip policies include Romania travel insurance.
Healthcare in Romania
British citizens should always carry a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), when travelling in Romania. This will cover essential treatments you might need at public healthcare centres or hospitals during your trip. However, you should still have travel insurance for Romania in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover, including repatriation costs.
What if I need emergency assistance in Romania?
If something happens and you need medical treatment or assistance in Romania, you or someone on your behalf can contact our 24-hour medical assistance team.