Majorca travel insurance
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Majorca, there are a few things to think about:
- The cost of your trip – if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – If you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports cover
- How much medical coverage you have – No-one wants to think about getting ill or having an accident abroad but, unfortunately, it does happen
- Always check the latest travel advice for Majorca from the FCDO
If you’re up to anything particularly adventurous such as scuba diving or kite surfing, we have extreme sports cover as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Majorca?
As standard, our policies cover over 50 amazing activities sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Majorca.
|Official language(s)||Catalan, Spanish|
|Capital||Santa Cruz de Tenerife|
|Plug type||Plug type C & F|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
|Climate||Spring – March to May|
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Majorca?
If you’re a British citizen travelling to Majorca with a valid passport, then you won’t need to apply for a visa to Majorca.
What travel insurance do I need for Majorca?
Healthcare in Majorca
British citizens should carry a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Majorca. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover. Find more information about healthcare in Majorca here.
If you have pre-existing medical conditions you must declare these before you buy your policy to ensure you’re fully covered.
What if I need emergency assistance in Majorca?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing medical treatment or assistance while in Majorca, you or someone on your behalf can contact our 24-hour medical assistance team.