Kazakhstan travel insurance
Booking a trip to Kazakhstan?
Before you go to Kazakhstan, make sure you have the right travel insurance cover in place for your holiday. Think about:
- The cost of your holiday – Sometimes, things happen outside of your control that mean you have to cancel your trip, so it’s reassuring to know that you are able to cover costs
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – If you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our adventure and extreme sports policy
- Will you need additional snowboarding or ski travel insurance?
- The cost of your baggage
- Also, don’t forget to check the latest travel advice for Kazakhstan from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What is covered with travel insurance to Kazakhstan?
As standard, our policies cover for over 50 sports and activities, so you can get up to more on your holiday. We also offer a range of benefits, some of which include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
For more information about what’s covered with travel insurance for Kazakhstan, have a read of our policy documents here.
We want you to have the best holiday experience possible, so we’ve put together some fun facts, along with other useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Kazakhstan.
|Most common languages spoken||Kazakh and Russian|
|Population||Approx. 18 million|
|Plug type||Plug type C and F|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Kazakhstan?
Yes, you’ll need to apply for a visa from the Embassy of Kazakhstan.
You can find more information about visas and entry requirements for Kazakhstan here.
Healthcare in Kazakhstan
There are private and public healthcare services available in Kazakhstan, which generally vary in standard. While public healthcare services are available, private services are usually the preferred option because of the increased quality of treatment and services. Make sure you have adequate medical travel insurance before your trip to Kazakhstan, so you know you’re covered.
It’s important to speak to your GP at least four to six weeks before your trip to check whether there are any vaccinations or other preventatives needed.
Find out more about healthcare in Kazakhstan here.
Can you help if I need medical treatment while in Kazakhstan?
Yes – all our policies come with access to our 24-hour emergency assistance team, so there will always be someone here to help you if you become ill or are injured while abroad.
If you need emergency medical assistance just give our team a call any time, day or night. Find out how to contact the emergency assistance team here.
Did you know…?
- In Kazakhstan back in 2006, thousands of back notes were sent into circulation with the incorrect spelling of ‘bank’ on them. Awkward.
- The metro in Kazakhstan took 23 years to build, and was only completed in 2011. It wasn’t because the workers kept stopping for a tea break every five minutes, but actually a lack of funding. All was worth it though, because their stations are more like works of art, rather than a transportation service!
- If you like your morning coffee sweet, then Kazakhstan may be the place for you! A common was of drinking it is just a dash of coffee in a mug of sugar!