Yachting travel insurance
Going yachting is a fun and exciting activity, yet you should still be covered in case anything goes wrong whilst out at sea.
Our travel insurance policies all come with automatic cover for over 50 sports and activities including insurance for plenty of watersports activities from yachting to surfing and even basic scuba diving! It’s important to note that while yachting in territorial waters is included as standard under our policies, yachting outside territorial waters isn’t, so if you’ll be heading further from shore you’ll need to add additional hazardous activities cover to your policy.
As always terms and conditions apply, so check the policy wording for full details about the activities we cover.
Why do you need travel insurance for yachting?
While incredibly fun, yachting can also be a dangerous activity, with poor weather having quite a severe impact on the safety of yourself or any crew. It’s important to make sure you have a travel insurance policy which will cover you in the event of an accident or injury. We can have you covered!
What is included with yachting insurance?
Not only do we cover yachting within territorial seas, but you’ll be sailing in comfort knowing that you’ll also be covered for:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
Please note that while yachting can be covered by our policies, you won’t be covered if this is the main purpose of your trip.
Yachting safety tips
Keep safe onboard your vessel with these pro tips;
- Always make sure essential navigational equipment is fully functional prior to leaving the harbour
- Make sure the yacht has passed all safety checks and is fully seaworthy
- Choose the right travel insurance policy for you, get a quote online or read our policy documents for more information on our travel insurance that covers yachting.
Please note: ‘Yachting travel insurance’ is a general term for cover included within our standard insurance policy or hazardous activities add on. We don’t offer specialist insurance cover for this specific activity. Yachting in territorial waters is covered at no extra cost but yachting outside territorial waters requires additional hazardous activities cover to be added to your policy.