Oman travel insurance
Oman travel insurance
It’s important to buy travel insurance before any trip abroad, so if you are going to Oman soon, make sure you buy a policy before you go. Before you select a policy, however, think about these points:
- The total cost of your baggage
- The cost of your trip or holiday – Unforeseen events sometimes force you to cancel your holiday; if that’s the case, know whether you can get your money back
- Do you have any pre-existing medical conditions to declare?
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – if you’re planning anything really extreme, we can offer you extra cover with our extreme sports policy
- Also, don’t forget to check the latest travel advice for Oman from the FCDO
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What is covered with travel insurance to Oman?
We also offer a range of benefits, including:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
Handy info about Oman
We’ve put together some handy facts, along with some other useful information that we thought you might want to know before your trip to Oman.
|Most common languages spoken||Arabic|
|Population||Approx. 4.5 million|
|Plug type||Plug type G|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Oman?
You can get a visa on arrival at any land, sea or air entry port in Oman, so you don’t need to apply for a visa prior to travel. You can get a one-month visa on arrival, and can extend this by 30 days if needed.
You can find more information about visas and entry requirements for Oman here.
Healthcare in Oman
Public and private healthcare services are available in Oman and are of a good standard; similar to those in the UK. However, British nationals are required to use the private healthcare services in Oman. The cost of medical treatments and necessary drugs can be quite expensive in Oman, so it’s important to make sure you have medical travel insurance in place to cover your trip.
It’s important to remember to speak to your GP at least 4 to 6 weeks before your trip to check whether there are any vaccinations or other preventatives needed.
You can find more information about healthcare in Oman here.
Can you help if I need medical treatment while in Oman?
Yes – all our policies come with access to our 24-hour emergency assistance team, so there will always be someone here to help you if you become ill or are injured while abroad.
If you need emergency medical assistance just give our team a call any time, day or night.