Travelling to Australia?
If you’re traveling to Australia, make sure you have the right travel insurance. Things you need to take into account are:
- The cost of your holiday – Because if you have to cancel, you want to know that you’ll get that cost back
- The activities you’re likely to be doing - We cover over 50 adventure activities as standard, so you probably will be covered but it’s always best to check. If you’re planning anything more extreme, we can offer you extra cover. Just give us a call on the number above
- The cost of your baggage - After all, no one travels light to Australia!
- And don’t forget to check the latest travel advice for Australia from the FCO
Did you know that...?
- Four out of five Australians live within 50km of the beach. For a nation of surf lovers it's funny to think that daytime swimming was banned in Australia between 1838 and 1902 to prevent "indecency". So maybe a night-time skinny-dip was allowed?
- The Aussies do love "the amber nectar", and in 1954 Bob Hawke set a record of 11 seconds for necking 2.5 pints of beer. He later became prime minister.
- Australia is home to 8 of 10 of the deadliest land snakes, the most venomous sea creatures, and a host of highly poisonous spiders, fish, centipedes, insects and scorpions. Even the cute platypus has a poisonous spur on its foot.
- In Australia, the wily old kangaroo runs into water when being attacked by predators. It then tries to hold its attacker underwater to drown it. A case of being downed under down under.
- Who are the world's biggest gamblers? It's the Australians, who blow almost US$1,300 per adult every year, more than three times as much as Americans or Britons.
- Three separate experiments have found that boomerangs do work on spaceships. The zero-gravity environment doesn't affect the curving flight path, but air molecules are needed for it to turn.
- Anna Creek, Australia, is the biggest cattle ranch in the world. At 23,677sq km it's the same size as Wales, Luxembourg and Malta combined. Using light aircraft and trail bikes it currently employs just 17 people to keep it running.
InsureandGo customers have rated our customer service on average
/ 100 based on reviews.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
Going away more than once this year?
An annual multi-trip policy can save you money. And winter sports cover is included at no extra charge. What more could you ask for?
Tell me more