Rhodes travel insurance

Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Rhodes, there are a few things to think about:

Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.

What’s covered with our travel insurance to Rhodes?

All of our policies cover over 50 activities as standard and if you’re up to anything particularly adventurous, we have extreme sports cover as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.

As standard, cover to Rhodes will include:

To help you have the best holiday, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Rhodes.

Official language(s)Greek
PopulationApprox. 90k
Plug typePlug type C, & F
Driving sideRight-hand side
ClimateSpring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
LawsLocal laws and customs

Do I need a visa for Rhodes?

No – if you’re a British citizen travelling to Rhodes with a valid passport, then you won’t need to apply for a visa.

Healthcare in Rhodes

British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Rhodes and the rest of Greece. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment or repatriation that the EHIC or GHIC might not cover.

If you have pre-existing medical conditions you must declare these before you buy your policy to ensure you’re fully covered.

Find more information about healthcare in Rhodes here.

Can I get assistance if I fall ill or injure myself while in Rhodes?

Yes – In the unfortunate event of needing emergency medical treatment while abroad, our 24-hour assistance team are always on hand to help you.

All our travel insurance policyholders can contact our medical emergency team at any time.

Wildfires 2023 FAQ

What if I have a medical emergency relating to the wildfires?

If you’re injured or fall ill due to a wildfire or heatwave, your policy will cover you in the normal way, per policy terms and conditions. 

You would not be covered for medical expenses if you have visited an area that the FCDO have advised against travelling to due to wildfires.

Can I choose not to travel?

The main purpose of travel insurance is to cover the costs of emergency medical treatment or repatriation if the worst happens. These costs can easily run into hundreds of thousands of pounds. 

Travel insurance can cover you if you need to cancel or cut short your holiday, but this is only under particular circumstances, not because of at disinclination to travel. 

You could be covered for cancellation if you’re advised in writing not to travel by a medical practitioner because you are deemed to be a significant risk due to your existing medical conditions. This will be reviewed on a case by case basis. 

You cannot claim under your policy if you personally decide not to travel because you are worried about wildfires. 

If the FCDO advise against travel to a destination as a result of a wildfire, and you choose to travel against this advice, cover will remain in place on the policy. However there is no cover under any section of your InsureandGo policy for claims caused by the wildfires.

What if my flight or accommodation is cancelled?

If your flight or accommodation is cancelled, you should first speak to your airline, accommodation provider or tour operator to seek refunds or replacement flights. Any bookings made through a credit card may also have recoverable costs.

If your policy includes natural disaster, you’re covered if you have to cut short or cancel your holiday due to the ongoing wildfires. 

What do I do if my holiday has been cancelled or cut short?

You will need to contact your holiday provider in the first instance. If they cannot provide a refund or alternative accommodation/flights, and you cannot recover your costs elsewhere, you may need to log a claim with your travel insurance provider. If you are an InsureandGo policy holder you will need to have natural disaster cover in place.

If you wish to return home earlier than planned, you will need approval from our 24h emergency assistance team in order for claims to be considered.

What sort of travel insurance policy do I need to protect myself against this type of event in the future?

In order to ensure you are covered for events such as wildfires, you would need a policy which includes our optional natural disaster cover. 

This can be added to any InsureandGo travel insurance policy and includes up to £3,000 for delayed departure and accommodation expenses. It also includes up to £1,000 extended missed departure cover.

You would be covered:

  1. If you arrive at your destination and are unable to use your original accommodation, you would be covered to book alternative accommodation
  2. If your flight is diverted and you end up in a different destination, you would be covered to book alternative accommodation
  3. If your flight is cancelled or delayed, you can book extra accommodation

If your flight is delayed due to the wildfires for over 12 hours, we can consider claims for you abandoning your trip.

For more information please see out wildfire update.

  1. Unlimited emergency medical expenses available on Black level policies.
  2. InsureandGo’s Gold achieved a Which? Best Buy.