Poland travel insurance
Thinking of travelling to Poland? Or maybe you’re already booked up and ready to go! Either way, InsureandGo offers a great range of travel insurance for Poland, no matter where you’re going or what you’ll be getting up to.
All of our policies cover over 50 activities as standard! And if you’re up to anything particularly adventurous, we have extreme sports cover available as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit!
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
Before you buy travel insurance to Poland, there are a few things to think about:
- The total cost of your trip – if something happens and you need to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back.
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – whether you’ll need additional cover such as ski insurance.
- What you’re taking with you – choose a policy that will cover your luggage if it’s lost, delayed or damaged.
- Always check the latest travel advice from the FCDO.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Poland?
As standard, cover for Poland will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
We’ve put together some useful information that we think you might like to know before your trip to Poland:
|Plug type||Plug type C & E|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
|Climate||Spring – March to May|
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Poland?
No. If you’re a British citizen with a valid passport, you can stay in Poland visa-free for up to 90 days in any 180 day period. There may be other entry requirements though, so keep up to date with the advice from FCDO.
What travel insurance do I need for Poland?
Healthcare in Poland
British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), when travelling in Poland.
This will cover emergency treatment at public healthcare centres or hospitals. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment or repatriation that the EHIC/GHIC doesn’t cover.
Find more information about healthcare in Poland here.
Medical & Emergency Assistance in Poland
If something happens while you’re in Poland and you need emergency treatment for an illness or injury, we’re here to help. All travel insurance policyholders have access to our 24-hour medical assistance team.