We are delighted to announce that InsureandGo now forms part of the AllClear Group. We are currently upgrading our travel insurance policies and will be back very soon with new InsureandGo policies.
In the meantime, we can offer you a quote from a wide range of policies provided by our sister company AllClear Travel Insurance.
Why you’re in very safe hands with AllClear Travel Insurance
Some content on this website may still relate to InsureandGo branded policies. These policies are currently being upgraded and are unavailable for purchase.
Motorcycling travel insurance
Just because you’re going abroad to be a rebel without a cause doesn’t mean you need to be a rebel without appropriate travel insurance cover.
We cover over 50 activities and sports, including motorcycling and even bungee jumping, on our standard insurance policies, so you can get on with enjoying your holiday. We can also provide cover for more extreme sports – just add hazardous activities when you’re buying your policy.
What motorcycles and activities does it cover?
Our travel insurance covers up to and including motorcycles with 125cc engines (not including racing). Not fast enough for you? No problem! Bigger bikes can be covered by our adventure and extreme sports cover.
Are there any exclusions?
Unfortunately, we don’t provide cover for motorcycle racing of any kind, so you may wish to have additional cover from a specialist insurer for that activity. You can find the whole list of inclusions and exclusions in our policy documents.
Motorcycling abroad safety tips
- Don’t exceed your limits – It’s very tempting to go for a bike with a super-fast engine but you’ll be surprised by the performance of today’s bikes; especially if you’ve been off them for a while.
- Head gear – A helmet is always important when motorcycling. Ensure you have one that fits properly and is in good condition to keep you safe.
- The right clothing – It’s important to wear appropriate clothing when motorcycling. This means avoiding loose clothing and opting for a padded jacket, gloves, trousers and over the ankle trousers. Road-rash doesn’t look sexy on anybody.
- Get clued up – There are tons of motorcycling courses or training days that can be taken in your spare time. You should also learn as much as you can about your holiday destinations’ road laws.
- Stay alert – It’s easy to lose concentration whilst motorcycling – especially while abroad and surrounded by stunning views.
- Bad weather – Be aware of potentially hazardous weather. Icy roads or tarmac you could cook sausages on. Extreme conditions may take you by surprise, so be conscious of having less grip on the road or decreased visibility.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.