Safari travel insurance
Embarking on a safari is an amazing feeling and the ultimate wildlife viewing experience with an abundance of destinations to choose from. Finding the right cover should be easy so you can focus on your holiday!
Our travel insurance policies all come with automatic cover for over 50 sports and activities including insurance for safari, surfing, and even horse riding! Whether it’s your first safari trip or you’re a seasoned traveller, you can rest assured knowing that your safari travel insurance won’t be something to worry about.
As always terms and conditions apply, so check the policy wording for full details of these and the other activities we cover.
Why do you need travel insurance for a safari?
Like everything in life, safari trips can result in unfortunate events happening, like contracting an illness from contaminated water or falling ill from a mosquito bite. You may need medical attention while abroad, so it’s important to ensure you have an adequate travel insurance policy which will cover you in the event of an accident or injury. We’ll have you covered!
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What is included with safari travel insurance?
As a safari trip falls under all our policies as one of 50 amazing adventure sports and activities, you’ll be able to enjoy your safari trip knowing that you’re covered for:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
Safari safety tips
Don’t let an accident on the first day ruin the whole week; remember a few simple tips and ensure a great time on your safari.
- Make sure to always use a qualified and recognised guide
- Always make sure a first aid kit is at hand
- Always carry enough liquid if you’re out in the sun
- Choose the right travel insurance policy for you, get a quote online or read our policy documents for more information on our travel insurance that includes cover for safaris.
Please note: ‘Safari travel insurance’ is a general term for cover included within our standard travel insurance. We don’t offer specialist insurance cover for this specific activity.