Holiday cancellation insurance
No one wants to cancel their holiday. But sometimes, unfortunate circumstances mean you might have to. Not only does this mean you’ll lose out on a holiday, but you might also lose out on the money you’ve paid for it.
If you know your holiday is going to be cancelled, please let us know at your earliest convenience so you lose as little as possible.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What does holiday cancellation insurance cover?
There are a number of reasons for which we’ve cover you to cancel or cut your holiday short with our trip cancellation insurance, such as:
- You become seriously ill or injured
- Someone you’re travelling with becomes ill or injured
- Jury duty
- Becoming pregnant (if by the time of travel, you’ll be in the last trimester or your doctor says you can’t travel)
- There’s an accident with a vehicle you were planning to travel in
- Becoming redundant (as long as you’ve been employed continuously for two years, not including self-employment or voluntary redundancy)
- You’re a member of the armed forces, police, fire, nursing or ambulance service and you have to stay because of an emergency or you’e posted overseas unexpectedly
From when am I covered for holiday cancellation?
If you buy a single trip policy, cover for holiday cancellation starts from the date you book your trip or pay the insurance premium, whichever is later – so try not to leave buying insurance until the last minute!
If you’ve got an annual multi-trip policy, cover for cancellation starts at the either the time you book your trip or the start date shown on your insurance certificate, whichever is later.
For a one-way trip, cover ends 24 hours after you leave immigration control in the final country you go to or at the end of the period shown on your insurance certificate, whichever is earlier.
If, due to unexpected circumstances that are beyond your control, you can’t finish your holiday within the period of insurance, we’ll extend your cover for up to 30 days, at no extra cost.