An important update from the InsureandGo Team

We are delighted to announce that InsureandGo now forms part of the AllClear Group. We are currently upgrading our travel insurance policies and will be back very soon with new InsureandGo policies.

In the meantime, we can offer you a quote from a wide range of policies provided by our sister company AllClear Travel Insurance.

Why you’re in very safe hands with AllClear Travel Insurance

Trust AllClear Travel Insurance

Get support for your existing InsureandGo policy

Some content on this website may still relate to InsureandGo branded policies. These policies are currently being upgraded and are unavailable for purchase.

Single trip travel insurance

Whether you’re going for a weekend away or the holiday of a lifetime, our single trip travel insurance could be the ideal choice. It offers great, simple cover for anything from a short UK break to a year of travelling around the world. And, post-Brexit, holiday insurance is as important as ever!

Get a quote

What is single trip travel insurance?

Single trip travel insurance is what most people need for a one-off holiday or short break. The great thing about our single trip policies is that they have no upper age limit and automatically provide cover for over 50 amazing sports and activities – we even cover your kids for free! Our single trip insurance policies come in four levels: Budget*, Silver, Gold and Black.

If you’re likely to go on more than one holiday in the same year, then choosing an annual insurance policy may be more suitable, saving you time and money.

*Looking for single trip cover for a business trip or cruise? Or have a diagnosed medical condition to declare? If so, you’ll need to choose a Silver policy or above to be able to add the correct level of insurance cover.

What is covered in our single trip travel insurance policy?

Our single trip travel insurance policies provide the following cover as standard:

  • Holiday cancellation cover
  • Belongings and baggage cover
  • Passport, money and documents cover
  • Delayed departure cover
  • Personal accident cover
  • Accommodation cover
  • Cover for over 50 sports and activities
  • Medical and hospital expenses cover

The excess and cover will vary depending on the policy level purchased.

Further items and activities can be added to your travel insurance policy, making sure you are covered for your specific needs, including winter sports cover, adventure and extreme sports or if you need insurance for a pre-existing medical condition. If you’re not sure, feel free to get in touch and we’ll be happy to help.

Also, be sure to find out how Brexit affects your travel insurance. To see a full list of what you’re covered for, check out our policy documents.

What is covered in our single trip travel insurance policy

Holiday length restrictions

If you’re 65 or under, our single trip travel insurance can cover you for up to 365 days per trip whether you choose our Budget, Silver, Gold or Black insurance policies.

If you’re travelling for over 365 days, give our backpackers insurance a try; it can cover trips of up to 18 months in length and also give you a little more cover when you’re hopping between hostels.
If you’re aged 66 or over we can only cover you for up to 31 days per trip (but this should be enough for most holidays).

Medical cover with single trip insurance

Do I need single trip medical cover when I have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or a Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC)?

The EHIC and GHIC entitle the holder to medical treatment at the same price as the residents within certain EU countries. This often means either free or reduced costs however it may not always provide sufficient cover. For example, if you were taken to a private clinic in a private ambulance, you wouldn’t be covered.

The EHIC/GHIC also doesn’t cover the cost of repatriation if you need to be flown back to the UK due to accident or illness. For these reasons, it’s advisable to take out adequate travel insurance as well.

Can I get single trip travel insurance if I have a pre-existing medical condition?

At InsureandGo we consider any pre-existing medical condition, just be sure to declare it before purchasing your policy. You’ll need to choose a Silver, Gold or Black policy and go through our simple screening process. There may be an additional premium to cover some medical conditions.
If you don’t declare your pre-existing condition you won’t be covered for claims relating to it should anything happen. Take a look at our policy documents or have a look at our page on travel insurance for pre-existing medical conditions for more information.

Expensive valuables and equipment

Our most basic single trip travel insurance cover insures valuables up to £100. If you need more than that, we not only offer valuables extension cover but also, specific sports equipment and much more!

Does single trip insurance cover multiple countries?

Yes! As long as the trips fall within the same coverage areas. For example, if you purchase a European single trip policy, you can hop between as many European countries as you like! But if you wanted to end your European adventure with a trip to the US, you would need to have a worldwide policy in order to be covered.

Destinations we cover in our single trip insurance

We group all destinations into the areas below. Be sure to read up on exactly which countries are included in each area, as often our European travel insurance will be enough to cover most holiday destinations.

  • Area 1
    UK (except the Channel Islands)*
  • Area 2
    Europe (plus Egypt, Morocco, Tunisia, Russia and Ukraine)**.
  • Area 3
    Worldwide (except the USA, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean***).
  • Area 4
    Australia and New Zealand.
  • Area 5

* For trips within Area 1 (around the UK) there must be a minimum of 25 miles radius between your home and your pre-arranged and booked accommodation.

** Europe – Albania, Andorra, Austria, The Azores, The Balearic Islands, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia, Bulgaria, The Canary Islands, The Channel Islands, Corsica, Crete, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Kosovo, Lapland, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Madeira, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Ireland, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Sardinia, Serbia, Sicily, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Syria, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine and the Vatican City. Make sure you’re aware how Brexit affects your travel insurance.

*** Caribbean – Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Cuba, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Haiti, Jamaica, Martinique, Montserrat, Netherlands Antilles, Puerto Rico, St Kitts and Nevis, St Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos Islands, Virgin Islands (British) and Virgin Islands (US).

To find out more about the destinations we cover visit our FAQs page. For more information on how Brexit affects your trip, take a look at our Frequently Asked Brexit Questions.

If you’re unsure which area your trip falls into, contact our customer services team by phone or by using the online contact form.

Other information

All of our single trip travel insurance policies are available to UK residents (someone who has been living in the UK or the Channel Islands for at least six of the last 12 months)and who are in the UK at the time of purchase. Unfortunately, we can’t provide cover to anyone who doesn’t fit this description. To choose the right single trip travel insurance policy for you, get a quote online or browse our policy documents for more information.

Share This