Africa travel insurance
Wherever you’re going in Africa, or even if you’ll be visiting multiple countries during your trip, all of our policies cover over 50 activities as standard – including safari. InsureandGo offer a great range of travel insurance no matter where you’re going or what you’ll be getting up to. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What is covered with our travel insurance to Africa?
As standard, cover to Africa will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
For more detail, find your destination below or check out our policy documents.
Do I need travel insurance for Africa?
Travel insurance for Africa is a vital part of your holiday planning. In some African countries, travel insurance is mandatory. But wherever you’re going, it’s important to be covered. Our policies cover medical expenses and cancellation, and all include 24-hour emergency support.
What if you’re travelling to more than one country in Africa?
We should be able to cover you from the date that you leave your home country until the date that you return. This means we can cover travelling to multiple destinations as part of your holiday.
To make sure you’re covered, check:
- That the policy you’ve chosen covers you for all the regions that you plan to visit
- None of the places you’re visiting are against the advice of the FCDO (unless that advice is only because of Coronavirus; read about our Coronavirus travel insurance for details)
- That the duration of your holiday is covered – different policies have different maximum trip lengths
- You’ve got all the visa requirements needed for each country you’ll be visiting
What if I need emergency assistance in Africa?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing medical treatment or assistance while in Africa, you or someone on your behalf can contact our 24-hour medical assistance team.