Going to Egypt?
If you’re lucky enough to be going to Egypt, make sure you have the right travel insurance in place, there are a few things to keep in mind! You will need to think about:
- The cost of your trip - Because if you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you'll get your money back
- The activities you might be doing while you are there - InsureandGo include over 50 adventure activities automatically, so it's more than likely you'll be covered, but it's best to check before you take part. If you’re planning anything more extreme, we can offer you extra cover. Just give us a call on the number above
- Whether you are covered should you incur costs as a result of civil unrest
- And don’t forget to check the latest travel advice for Egypt from the FCO
Did you know that...?
- Don't be afraid if you order "foul" from an Egyptian menu. It's actually pronounced "fool" and is a tasty dish made with fava beans that's been enjoyed in Egypt for centuries.
- More than 95% of Egyptians live by the Nile, which takes up only 3% of the land. Yes, that does make it a bit of a squeeze - about 50% more densely packed than Bangladesh!
- The last pharaohs of the Old Kingdom were as far back in time for Cleopatra as she is for us. It's another thousand years back from them to the first pharaoh, Aha (no connection with the pop group whose last hit was also a very long time ago).
- It all happened first in Egypt! Big shout out due to Aristarchus, who first said the Earth goes around the Sun, and Eratosthenes who first worked out the Earth's circumference. That was in the third century BC. Move over, Galileo and Copernicus!
- The only surviving likeness of King Cheops, who built the Great Pyramid of Giza in Egypt, the tallest structure in the world for the best part of 4,000 years, is a tiny ivory figurine barely three inches high. Bet he'd be peeved about that.
- Ever bothered by flies? Here's a tip from King Pepy II, the longest-reigning Egyptian pharaoh at 94 years on the throne. Get a slave and some honey. Slather the slave with the honey. Watch in peace as the flies swarm to the honeyed slave.
- Egyptians love Facebook. There are 13 million users, more than twice as many as the next Arab-speaking country. In 2011, one dad even named his new-born daughter Facebook. Maybe the name Twitter was already taken.
InsureandGo customers have rated our customer service on average
91 / 100 based on 7,431 reviews
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
24 hour medical assistance
+44 (0)207 748 0060
+44 (0)207 748 8593
Going away more than once this year?
You can save money with our annual travel insurance:
- Go away as many times as you want
- Stay away for up to 90 days at a time
- Winter sports cover included
- The UK's number 1 travel insurance specialist