We are delighted to announce that InsureandGo now forms part of the AllClear Group. We are currently upgrading our travel insurance policies and will be back very soon with new InsureandGo policies.
In the meantime, we can offer you a quote from a wide range of policies provided by our sister company AllClear Travel Insurance.
Why you’re in very safe hands with AllClear Travel Insurance
Some content on this website may still relate to InsureandGo branded policies. These policies are currently being upgraded and are unavailable for purchase.
Whether you’re going on a gap year or island-hopping between jobs it’s imperative to make sure that you have appropriate travel insurance to cover you. At InsureandGo our backpacker policies can cover ages 65 and under, and we consider people with all medical conditions, so you can explore the world with peace of mind.
What is backpacker insurance?
Backpacker travel insurance is unique in that it can cover you for up to 18 months at a time, while annual (or multi-trip) insurance has a limit to the length of any individual trip that you can take during a 12-month period. This could make backpacker insurance the ideal choice for those who want to spend an extended period of time travelling the globe or living abroad for a few months.
Why do I need a specific backpacker policy?
Backpacking abroad is a holiday that takes a more flexible route. You’re more likely to stay in hostels than hotels, travel on more public transport and visit more places off the beaten track. This type of travelling means that you and your belongings are exposed to a higher level of risk than standard holidaymakers. So while most travel insurance policies cover things like accidents, illness, loss of belongings, theft, cancellations, delays etc., backpacker insurance tends to cover all of that and more. Our backpacker insurance lasts up to 18 months and covers you for some extras unique to your holiday.
Backpacking and medical conditions
We understand that insuring a medical condition can be a little frustrating if you’ve had trouble getting covered with other insurers in the past. Getting the right insurance cover becomes especially important when you go backpacking with a medical condition so make sure that you always declare any pre-existing conditions you may have (such as asthma or diabetes) for the best support.
At InsureandGo we consider all medical conditions. Simply get a quote online and go through our simple medical screening process.
What should I look for in backpackers insurance?
Whether you’re fresh out of school, looking to take a longer break or taking on a holiday with a difference, the one constant is that all backpackers want to feel safe and secure while they’re abroad, which is where travel insurance comes into play.
At InsureandGo we have four tiers of backpacker cover so you can choose the travel insurance policy that’s best for you.
Below are some aspects of our backpacker cover that come as standard. For example:
- Medical expenses
- Personal liability (if you injure someone or damage their property – really try not to, though)
- Over 50 adventure sports and activities
- Mugging benefit
- Home stay (if you want to pop home for a short period – say, for Christmas or if someone gets ill at home – and then go back, you can! You can return home once during your policy for up to 14 days – cover simply pauses while you’re back and starts again when you resume your trip.)
Backpackers tend to be on the more adventurous side so there’s also a series of extras that you can add to your policy:
- Adventure sports such as paragliding, scuba diving or white water rafting
- Winter sports such as skiing, snowboarding or glacier walking
- Valuables extension (so you’re covered from your Kindle to your ukulele)
What do we exclude?
- Any claim arising directly or indirectly from any medical conditions which have not been disclosed and accepted by us
- Any claim resulting from being drunk or intoxicated
- Any claim resulting from a natural disaster (unless you’ve added natural disaster cover for a small extra premium)
We consider all conditions
If you have a pre-existing medical condition, you don’t need to worry – you can declare them online quickly and easily.