Get a travel insurance quote
Trip type:
Number of travellers:
Travellers age(s):

We're rated 5-star by over 16,000 customers on Trustpilot

Expat travel insurance

N.B. You should not purchase this travel insurance if you are already an expat. If you are not a resident of the UK at the time of purchase, we are unable to cover you. This travel insurance lasts from when you leave your house in the UK to 24 hours after you go through the immigration of your new home country.

What is expat travel insurance?

Expat travel insurance is a policy designed for UK residents who are leaving the country to go and live abroad. Thousands of Brits leave the UK every year to become expats - so if you're planning on becoming one of them, we can help. For people who are emigrating, we offer one-way travel insurance policies with comprehensive cover for your outgoing trip, even if you’re making a few stopovers on the way. Once you’ve moved abroad, we can no longer cover you – our policies are only valid for people who are UK residents and whose trips start in the UK.

Get a quote now

What’s covered with expat travel insurance?

An expat travel insurance policy from InsureandGo covers your outward journey starting from where you live and ends 24 hours after you leave immigration control in the final country you go to (or at the end of the period shown on your insurance certificate, depending on which is earlier). We don’t offer policies for people who are already expats, and can’t cover holidays that start outside the UK.

We also cover you for a range of benefits as standard with our budget policy, some of which include:

  • Medical and other expenses
  • Hospital benefit
  • Personal accident
  • Personal belongings and baggage
  • Personal liability
  • Legal expenses
  • Accommodation cover
  • Over 50 sports and activities

For more information about what’s covered with our travel insurance policies, have a read of our policy documents.

Is expat travel insurance worldwide?

Our one-way travel insurance policies can cover you worldwide – just choose the region you’ll be moving to when buying your policy. The only countries we don’t cover travel to are countries the FCO says you should avoid. If you’ve got any questions, have a look at our FAQs page.

If I need to be repatriated, which country will I be taken to?

If you need to be repatriated, it can either be back to the UK or onwards to the country to which you’re emigrating.

InsureandGo customers have rated our customer service on average / 100 based on reviews.

We can cover your kids for free!

If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.

Useful bits

Emergency? Call us:
+44 (0)207 748 0060

For everything else, contact us.

We do pet insurance now too

So if you've got a cat, dog or rabbit that needs insuring, get them covered today.

Tell me more

We use cookies to improve your experience of our website. By using our site you agree to the use of them.