Going to France?
Make sure you have the right travel insurance for your holiday to France. Some things you should take into account are:
- The cost of your trip – No one wants to cancel their holiday but if you have to, you'll want to know that you can get your money back
- Think about the activities that you'll be doing - We cover over 50 adventure activities automatically, but if you're planning anything more extreme, we can offer you extra cover. Just phone us on the number at the top of this page
- The cost of your baggage
- Don't forget to check the latest travel advice for France from the FCO
Did you know that...?
- The guillotine was used in France from 1789 to 1977 as a humane and "painless" way to execute people. Dr Joseph-Ignace Guillotin gave his name to it, but he didn't invent it - and nor was he even in favour of capital punishment.
- Bastille Day is held on 14 July and celebrates the French nation. But when the Bastille, a medieval fortress and prison in Paris, was stormed on that day in 1789, it only had seven elderly inmates - four forgers, two "lunatics" and a "deviant"!
- French was the language of the royal court in England for more than 300 years after the Norman Conquest. Meanwhile in France by 1880, four out of five French people couldn't speak, read or write French. They used regional languages instead.
- Some visitors are overwhelmed by Paris - so much so that the city has its own syndrome. Sufferers from Paris syndrome get dizzy, panicky, delusional and feel persecuted. Japanese tourists get it the most and 20 a year have to be flown home!
- George Orwell, author of Animal Farm, would have been in trouble with the French authorities for naming the book's lead character Napoleon. Napoleon is a pig - and in France it's illegal to name a pig Napoleon.
- The oldest bridge across the River Seine in Paris is the Pont Neuf - whose name means "New Bridge". When it was finished in 1607 there were several older bridges, but none of them has survived - making the New Bridge the oldest!
InsureandGo customers have rated our customer service on average
/ 100 based on reviews.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We do pet insurance now too
So if you've got a cat, dog or rabbit that needs insuring, get them covered today.
Tell me more