Greece travel insurance
Thinking of a holiday to Greece? Or perhaps you’re already booked up and ready to go! Either way, InsureandGo offer a great range of travel insurance no matter where you’re going, or what you’ll be getting up to.
All of our policies cover over 50 amazing activities as standard and if you’re up to anything particularly adventurous, we have extreme sports cover as an add-on. We also consider all medical conditions and have no upper age limit, so get in touch today or simply get a quote online.
Before you buy travel insurance for your holiday to Greece, there are a few things to think about:
- The activities you’re likely to be doing – whether you’ll need additional cover with our extreme sports travel insurance
- How much medical coverage you’ll need and whether you’ll need repatriation
- The total cost of your trip – If you have to cancel, it’s important to know that you can get your money back
- Always check the latest travel advice from the FCDO for any issues that may have occurred that might prevent you travelling or any vaccinations you might need.
Our Coronavirus Travel Insurance is rated Superior by a leading UK Consumer Champion. All of our policies will cover you if you catch Coronavirus.
We can cover your kids for free!
If you’re going away with your children, we can cover them on your policy at no extra charge, whether you buy an annual policy or single trip cover.
We cover over 50 activities!
All of our travel insurance policies come with cover for over 50 activities and sports as standard, so you can get up to more on your trip.
What’s covered with our travel insurance to Greece?
As standard, our cover to Greece will include:
- Medical expenses and hospital benefit
- Personal accident and liability
- Cancelling and cutting short your holiday
- Abandoning your trip
- Delayed departure
- Accommodation cover
- Personal belongings and baggage
- Personal money, passport and travel documents
- Legal expenses
To help you have the best holiday experience, we’ve put together some useful information that we think you’ll want to know before your trip to Greece.
|Plug type||Plug type C & F|
|Driving side||Right-hand side|
|Things to see||Where to go in Greece|
Spring – March to May
Summer – June to August
Autumn – September to November
Winter – December to February
|Laws||Local laws and customs|
Do I need a visa for Greece?
No. If you’re a British citizen with a valid passport, you don’t need a visa to travel to Greece.
Healthcare in Greece
British citizens should have their free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) or Global Health Insurance Card (GHIC), which can be used in Greece. This will cover any necessary treatments you may receive at public healthcare centres or hospitals on your trip. However, it’s important to remember to still have travel insurance in place to be able to cover the costs of any unexpected medical treatment the EHIC/GHIC might not cover or repatriation costs.
Find more information about healthcare in Greece here.
What if I need emergency assistance in Greece?
If you find yourself in the unfortunate situation of needing medical treatment or assistance while in Greece, you or someone on your behalf can contact our 24-hour medical assistance team.